Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Welcome! Authors wanted!

Hello!

My name is Andrew Templeman and I live in the island of Kauai. As the title of the blog suggests I am a registered Democrat in the Hawaii Democraty Party. I was raised a Buddhist but consider myself more of an athiest/free-thinker than a student of any particular religion or philosophy. I have a degree in Political Science which I earned at San Jose State University. I am a business owner and work part time at a local hotel.

The theme of this blog is for everyone to share their ideas to make Hawaii a better place. The lifeblood of democracy is an informed and vibrant citizenry who care to action to better their condition and the condition of all their fellow citizens. As the author and administrator of this I plan on commenting on the news of the day (be it local, national or world news) as well as sharing ideas about how to make the system in Hawaii work better for the common person.

I invite comments on anything I write and hope that some of you who read my blog will be interested in authoring your own ideas here on the Hawaii Liberal blog. However, I ask everyone one basic rule: Be humble and polite in your postings. The internet provides everyone a degree of anonymity and, for some, being anonymous means being free to insult and disparage others without fear of being held accountable for their words. Therefore, this blog will be moderated.

That said, please enjoy this blog.

No comments: